The 1873 Lebanon new Jersey atlas documented the location of the Hoffman Brothers Machine Shop & Feed Mill, on the eastbound side of the railroad tracks next to the depot, where a siding had been added. The Hoffman building was apparently added after 1870, when Rail Road Avenue was surveyed.
Hoffman’s factory was the first industry to locate near the Lebanon depot, and was an important new economic stimulus in the town. In 1876 N.W. Hoffman is documented as continuing in the agricultural implement business, repairing and selling new implements, which he conducted in a three and one-half story building fitted with steam machinery.
Click or scroll to an image to see details on Hoffman Bros.'s items: